DESCRIPTION: FOR THE PROPRIETARY PRIVATE SECURITY OFFICER (PPSO) COURSE
**If you work DIRECTLY for a bar, restaurant, on an estate or for a commercial building and dont work for a Security Company, you need this license in California)
- This 2 day Training consists of a total of 16 hours of Classroom Theory.
- 2 hours Power to Arrest
- 2 hours Weapons of Mass Destruction
An additional 12 hours of training will cover the following:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Public and Employer Responsibilities
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Emergency Procedures.
- You are required to obtain a PPSO registration if you work exclusively for one employer and your primary duty is to provide security services for an employer, your services are not contracted to any other entity or person, and you meet both of the following criteria: (a)
- You are required to wear a distinctive uniform clearly identifying you as a security officer, and (b) you are likely to interact with the public while performing your duties.
- This course follows standards prescribed by section 7574.5 and 7574.7 & 7574.8 of the Business and Professions Codes.
- This 16-hour course must be completed within the first six months of receiving the PSO registration or within 6-months of the date of hire by the PSO employer.
- This training course consist of 2-hours of Powers to Arrest, 2-hours of Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism Awareness, and 12-hours of security related courses as outlined in the syllabus.
Want to know how to apply or more information for a PSO registration, please give us.
Have a question about this course Please Call us at 1-877-769-3703 or E-mail us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Security Academy provides the training and courses but is NOT responsible for any B.S.I.S or DOJ decisions based on information resulting from Live Scan or on applications submitted by applicants.